Scripture Song of Psalm 121
“I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto The Hills”
Commentary on Psalm 121
by Hebron Christian Fellowship
One of the complete chapters for which the Lord has given us music, the 121st Psalm is so power-packed with promises, one hardly knows where to begin. The picture the psalmist paints is one of a God who has all power, who made the very Universe, yet who has devoted Himself to the meticulous care of insignificant mortals upon whom He has set his love. Often our family fellowship will gather at an odd hour to address some concern or commit some burden to the Lord. How marvelous to know that our Father is the CEO of all creation, that He never sleeps or takes a day off, and that through the name of Jesus, we have access to his throne 24/7!
Commentary ©2011 Hebron Christian Fellowship. Unaltered text may be reproduced freely without financial gain.
Verbatim KJV. Words or verses not included in song replaced with "..."
- I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
- My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
- He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
- Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
- The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
- The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
- The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
- The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.